The Assistant Client Manager is responsible for proactively assisting the Client Managers’ with the overall workflow for the book of business assigned to the Client Managers and providing timely and professional day-to-day client service. Assistant Client Manager assists with all lines of commercial insurance for the accounts and serve as the back-up contact for all the Property & Casualty clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Back-up point of contact for the clients regarding Certificates of Insurance, Motor Vehicle Reports, policy changes, requests for loss runs – address questions, communicate effectively with internal/external clients, provide exceptional customer service to internal/external clients.
- Maintain contact and collaborate with internal personnel (Client Managers, Marketing, Producers) and external parties (Clients and Insurance Companies).
- Plan, prioritize, and complete day-to-day workload taking into account urgent assigned tasks such as Certificates of Insurance, Auto ID Cards, and Motor Vehicle Reports requested by clients and Client Managers in a timely manner ensuring internal/external deadlines are met.
- Order claims history reports for all accounts assigned to the Client Managers within designated time frame and when requested by Marketing where applicable.
- Access insurance carrier websites on a weekly basis and as requested by Client Managers to retrieve electronic copies of policy documents.
- Process client change requests by updating policy management systems, requesting endorsements from insurance carriers, follow-up for endorsements, check endorsements when received, invoice where applicable, and deliver endorsements to clients.
- Answer phones and process daily incoming/outgoing mail.
- Conduct all business in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- May attend client meetings on or off site on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong communication and customer service skills through email and telephone
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods