This is a dual administrative and accounting role, providing support for the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Accounting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully supports operational leadership objectives, maintains key performance indicator dashboards and all operational reports
- Successfully prioritizes multiple projects, working independently and collaboratively when needed to deliver quality work, on time
- Participate in key meetings to ensure an understanding of goals, critical activities, due dates, creating and sharing minutes to stakeholders.
- Track and systematically inform progress on operational improvement initiatives
- Prepare necessary documentation, reports and presentations for meetings
- Effectively manage COO’s Outlook calendar, scheduling appointments with internal and external clients, providing necessary communication and revisions
- Make all travel arrangements and manage expense reports
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism and the highest level of confidentiality
- A/R – Sort and deposit incoming check payments to client’s open invoices. Following up with internal Client Managers on past due invoices.
- A/P – Receive copies of invoices from various sources, organizing and keeping track of due dates. Pay Insurance Carriers per invoice(s) once approved.
- Corporate Credit Card reconciliation – create a monthly expense report gathering receipts and information for charges.
- Bank Account Reconciliation – perform weekly reconciliation of Operating and Trust bank accounts within Client Management system.
- Invoice commission based on received statement and corresponding check payments to assigned Client and Carrier, performing required Journal Entries.
- Department contact for external vendors for payment follow ups and questions.
- Prepare Journal Entries for Month-end assistance.
- Conduct all business in accordance with established policies and procedures as well as US GAAP.
- Additional duties as assigned which will require independent judgement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of Executive Assistant experience
- One year entry level Accounting experience
- Strong communication with internal and external customers in person, by phone and email
- Natural self-starter, proactive thinker that is looking to be challenged frequently
- Enjoys helping others, multi-tasking, prioritizing, maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Strong computer skills and adept in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- An acceptable background and motor vehicle driving record
- Associates degree in business or accounting
- 10-key proficiency
- Journal Entry knowledge
- Work primarily performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
- Occasional driving for off-site support activities in Arizona climate
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods
Salary: $32,000-$36,000 doe
We are an equal opportunity employer