The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the overall workflow for the book of business assigned to them and providing timely and professional day-to-day client service. Client Managers handle all lines of commercial insurance for their accounts and serve as the main contact for the clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Main point of contact for the client – addresses questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, informs/educates clients on exclusions and exposures, resolve accounting discrepancies, communicate effectively with internal/external clients, provide exceptional customer service to internal/external clients.
- Initiates relationships with and communicates with client decision makers and personnel to effectively resolve client concerns independently from Producer.
- Maintain contact and collaborate with internal personnel (Producers, Partners, Marketing, Claims, Risk/Safety, Accounting) and external parties (Clients and Insurance Companies).
- Plan, prioritize, and complete day-to-day workload taking into account new business, renewal business and day-to-day service responsibilities for the accounts assigned in a timely manner ensuring internal/external deadlines are met.
- Coordinate the new/renewal marketing strategy for assigned clients where applicable.
- Provide necessary information to marketing via submission specifications within required timelines including preparation and maintenance of client files.
- Review and update applications and general information (attachments, activities, follow-up) into the agency management system for assigned books of business.
- Process, delegate and/or oversee audits, cancellation notices, endorsements, certificates and policy review and timely delivery.
- Monthly Accounts Receivable review/collection.
- Conduct all business in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- May attend client meetings on or off site on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years proven insurance industry experience related to servicing middle-market to large accounts
- Construction experience preferred but commercial experience required
- Property and Casualty license
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Brokerage business
- Strong technical knowledge of product area or industry
- Strong communication and customer service skills through email and telephone
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management on risk management issues either directly or by seeking out internal or carrier resources
- Some college or technical training in related discipline
- CIC, CPCU, CRM, ARM designations
- Previous AMS360 experience a plus
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods